Monday, October 08, 2007

The World Has Made Me The Man Of My Dreams - Meshell Ndegeocello




Refusing to be categorized, the melding of so many different genres with an ease and fluidity that today, is unmatched ...we have yet another banger from Meshell Ndegeocello.

I've had my copy since last week.
Undoubtedly, Sloganeer is my favorite. Simply consuming, it stays in heavy rotation. I fear I may wear a grove in the cd itself.

Coming in right behind it are Elliptical, Michelle Johnson, Evolution, Virgo, Shirk, Relief, Solomon, Lovely Lovely, ...shall I stop short of an out of order track listing?

Save for a set in Charlotte, where she seemed more like the introduction and not the headliner she is, Meshell has yet to disappoint me.
Please support her raw artistry.
**Note the version of Sloganeer now playing is not the album version. This comes from a live show in Zurich.

'I'm just a soul on the planet. Trying to do good, be good and feel good.'
...Meshell Suhaila Bashir-Shakur 'Michelle Johnson'

**UPDATE**
Praise YouTube ...I found a video of her performing Sloganeer.




Get a bang out of life.
...Suicide
Straight to paradise.
If you're the chosen...
Why don't you just
...Kill yourself now, kill yourself now.
Cause I hate all the beautiful people.
Just open your legs.

Supposedly, the song is to / about a suicide bomber. I need more time to digest it before I can draw any conclusions.

Also, I don't advocate for the taping or photographing of Meshell with out her permission as in her case, among other things, it is a health hazard ..but, please don't bother to point out the contradiction in reposting this video; I'm aware.

**Link to information re: Epilepsy

1 comment:

paul said...

Ndegeocello is on point. You know I'm feeling the track, "Come smoke my herb" ha ha. She's on another level. I hope she gets enough PR to sell a descent amount of records. Real music.