Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ignorant much???

I read the gossip blogs pretty much daily.
Actually, several times a day so as not to miss anything.

Dlisted is one I read frequently. Today I came across this.




This image was selected for their 'Caption This Contest' ...and admittedly, it could have been taken in so many different directions and actually been funny.

Of course some of the comments left by readers were ugly, racist, culturally insensitive, derogatory and the like.

I cracked a half smile at the winners comment but was absolutely appalled with the runner-up selection.

==========
Winner:
John smiled for the camera but was secretly devastated that he forgot his goat leggings at Tom Cruise's house. - Conky

Runner-up:
Travolta thought he was dancing for his supper. The cannibals however knew their supper was dancing. - Rough Rider
==========

Shocked that they'd be so bold as to choose this? I'm not.
Poor, poor taste.

Dlisted

1 comment:

Pacie.J said...

I'm addicted to gossip blogs ( Can't make it thru the day w/o Bossip and Crunk&Disorderly) But sometimes I think the comment sections are just competitions for who is more ignorant..and the ppl running them are not much better...blah