Friday, November 16, 2007

Yes, Baby Please.

Per the bossip.com post, below you'll find a comment left for me.
One so juicy I felt compelled to reply but wouldn't detract from the subject at hand in the comment section any longer.
Even if they don't respond, I've had more than enough fun for one day **sniggles**.

***UPDATE!!!***
...LMMFAO ...Baby Please, yeah the one without time ...responded via Bossip AGAIN!!!
Blah, blah, blah ..."cheap shot" ..."skewed and unfounded" ...."never say how much time I actually do have" ... ***obviously enough to read AND write again*** ..."ok, I'm finished".
Awww, so soon??? I was having fun.
Shit, its Friday. I have all the time in the world.

Oh, and one more thing ...all you have to say is "my remarks — as quoted above — were accurate"?? No they weren't ...and I had a retort for everyone of them. You can't come any harder than that????
========================================
Baby Please
@ black.sapphic
“I’m fairly certain that ‘we’ did not.”
I disagree. I do believe a black person created this phrase.
I'm almost positive you're missing a fundamental point, I've not said this term wasn't coined by a black person, I believe it was HOWEVER, your continued use of 'we' is misleading. I will maintain that until.
“We can not imply a ‘black person’ as it is indicative of a plural AND …last I checked you were not appointed to speak for the entire race so your ‘black people’ assertion is null and void”
I have not the time nor the desire to involve myself in a conversation with you about semantics or reading comprehension. Your sentence is pompous and absurd.
I don't believe either of your assertions can be founded and think you're becoming defensive to say the least. Oh, and you do have the time ...as indicated by your next few lines. Don't worry, it's Friday ...I have time too.
“We, in this instance meaning a good majority of the people I align myself with and I, did not create nor do we perpetuate the term.”What?
I'm sorry. What wasn't clear?
“A few people may have but again, that can not be inclusive of the majority.”A few? This term enjoys widespread use in the black community.
I never said it didn't. If you'll look carefully, I said “We, in this instance meaning a good majority of the people I align myself with and I, did not create nor do we perpetuate the term.” ...and was only clarifying the we that I was referring to in MY response. Not be confused with your misappropriation of 'we'.
“Also, aside from stating its origins within the Black community, I doubt one can pinpoint anything with certainty.”… which is precisely why I posed my question to readers in my last post to you…
because I don’t know everything. And I am uncertain.
With regard to your closing question, I don't have the answer either ...but still doubt anyone can come up with one. It's too convoluted.
And for the record — you must be feeling particularly adversarial today –
duh…
when this all started, I WAS AGREEING WITH WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A GOOD POINT YOU MADE.
Awwww, thank you.
=======================================
**Note you'll find my responses in gray.

For the sake of understanding I will post a few key exchanges leading up to this below.
=======================================
@ 11:23
@ blac.sapphic
Does the fact that she is Black necessitate “baby daddy” rather than father / daddy? …and this is what newspapers print.
I think this is a very worthwhile question, absolutely.
But actually, because of what we create, whites think they have certain liberties - like using this word in “respected” journalistic forums and why Imus had no compunction about using the term “nappy headed ho.” And so on.
=======================================
@ 11:31
@ Baby Please
I so get what you’re saying however, ‘we’ didn’t create it.Respectively, you can’t attribute that term to an entire community, particularly when there is marked opposition to its usage from within.Whites often misappropriate and mistake false senses of entitlement with comfort levels. It’s instances like these that cause you to sit back and internalize the state that we’re in, where white’s, on Page Six, think that its ok to print this stereotypical garbage.
=======================================
@12:34
@ blac.sapphic
Actually, blac; I am fairly certain “we” (meaning a black person or black people) did indeed create this term ourselves. Not Whitey. The first time I remember hearing this term was in a southern rap song prolly in like 1997 or 1998. Ya’ll might know more than me about this. But this is the first time I remember hearing this term. It was indeed created by us, as I understand it.
What is the origin of this term, ya’ll?
=======================================
@1:19
@ Baby Please
I’m fairly certain that ‘we’ did not.We can not imply a ‘black person’ as it is indicative of a plural AND …last I checked you were not appointed to speak for the entire race so your ‘black people’ assertion is null and void.
We, in this instance meaning a good majority of the people I align myself with and I, did not create nor do we perpetuate the term.A few people may have but again, that can not be inclusive of the majority.
Also, aside from stating its origins within the Black community, I doubt one can pinpoint anything with certainty.
=======================================
@1:42 ....please take it to the top of this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn U, Sapph. LOL. Givin' me a goddamn hard time today on Bossip. :) I'm home for a aplit second. Got din plans. I haven't read a word of what you've written on your blog cuz I'm rushed right now and was bizzee as hell at work today. When I come home tonight Ima check your blog and your comments about our exchange. Did you let me have it on your comments? Or were you nice? LOL. I'll check ya later and Ima look at your site.

Anonymous said...

I ain't gon bother with proper spelling. i saw mshel ndg about 5 or 6 months ago. She was terrible. Very nasty to the crowd. She was booed. And the venue even sent all ticketholders an e-mail apology for her behavior. I don't know what was going on with her. So, now I have a sour taste in my mouth as far as she's concerned. I'll never pay to see her again. I'd seen her like 6 years ago and she gave a great show! Loved it!

blac.sapphic said...

LOL ...I saw Meshell around about the same time, in Charlotte, NC.

It was my first time seeing her live and although it wasn't at all what I expected, I can't necessarily blame her for her behavior.
First, she’s epileptic ...and people were told not to take cam pics ...and they did anyway. For her, that's dangerous. They didn't respect her wishes and she, as another human being ...never mind artist, has every right to be pissed off.

IDK, she's human. Every night can't be a good night. She's entitled. Hopefully we only pay on her good nights.