Friday, November 16, 2007

Racist overtones, "pseudo intellectuals", generalizations, misconceptions and plain old stupidity.

I read Bossip daily. It's often hilarious.

Today I came across this gem they posted quoting the Post's Page Six.

========================================

"Carrie Bradshaw’s “Mr. Big” from Sex and the City, is having a baby with longtime girlfriend Tara Wilson (See photo above). Via Page Six:

“SEX and the City” star Chris Noth is about to be a baby daddy. Noth’s live-in girlfriend, actress Tara Wilson, is “about five months along”. The couple is not engaged and has no immediate plans to marry.

Aww, who knew Big was down with the brown, congrats to them."
========================================

Our clipped banter has been quite entertaining to say the least.

My initial comment:

Does the fact that she is Black necessitate “baby daddy” rather than father / daddy? …and this is what newspapers print.
Racist bullshit.

...and yes, I do post under my own name.

Happy Friday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to answer your question: YES

blac.sapphic said...

I'm sorry. Pls. clarify @ LaJane.

hottnikz said...

I find it hilarious that there are so many bloggers that post comments on Bossip and other similar sites but they never post under their real names.